If you are interested in purchasing a Japanese Akita, please fill out our online puppy questionnaire. This is not a sales contract or adoption application, and no deposit is required with your questionnaire. This form provides valuable information about your lifestyle and goals for your puppy so that we can inform you when an upcoming litter might suit your needs.
Please be honest with your answers. This application is for us to get to know you better and to ensure we place the right puppy with the right family should the time come.
Process of getting a puppy:
- Fill out our puppy questionnaire. This will get you on our waiting list for future litters.
- Participate in a phone interview with us.
Everyone on the our list will receive notification of breedings and when litters are born. Applications for the current litter will be sent once the puppies are born. Following evaluation of the applications, candidacy for a puppy will be determined.
- Once an application has been approved, candidates will pay a $300 deposit to hold their place for a puppy. This deposit will go towards the final price of the dog.
- During the first 8 weeks of the puppy’s life, we will be in contact with you. The right puppy is the one that will fit your lifestyle and goals. We will take your preferences into consideration, but our goal is compatibility between our puppies and their families.
- By 10 weeks old, you will be offered a puppy based on the interview process. An offer letter will be sent which contains our evaluation of the puppy.
- Sign the sales agreement and pay at least half of the remaining balance to reserve your puppy.
- Your puppy will be ready to go home by 12 weeks and will have gone through Hokkyokusei Kennels early training program.
- Pay the remaining price by the time your puppy is ready to go home. You may then make arrangements to bring your puppy home.